Thursday, January 3, 2013

Monteblanco: “Your Best Decision is Today”

I had heard a lot about Monteblanco… but because something always came up, I was never able to go – until my church had the opportunity to go… I didn’t think twice to sign up. There were still difficulties to go, but thanks to God, I went, and I learned that it was the correct time and moment that God intended for me.


When I arrived at Monteblanco, I loved the place. It is wonderful and comfortable. I also loved how it was organized and the attention it receives. It is one of the most loved and well-maintained camps. I had been to camps many times, but this was different. There is something unique about Monteblanco that radically changed the idea I had about camps… This was one of the reasons why, when I arrived from the city, I had the idea that I also wanted to be part of the staff at Monteblanco – to help out and become part of this great team.


When I became a staff member, I learned a lot of things that I have applied to my personal life, in college, and at home. One of the best things I learned was to work in a team to be able to combine individual talents among the staff or campers, and to combine those talents to form an excellent team – giving the best we have, learning to listen and accept differences of opinion among team members, and knowing that with strength, dedication, and unity that we all will succeed and overcome our shortcomings…


…Monteblanco has helped me to grow in every part of my life and look more for God. There was a time where I was suffering spiritually and I wanted to give up because I had been very hurt in that area. For this reason, I didn’t want to know anything, but there was a person from Monteblanco who didn’t give up on me. I was at the point of despair, but God used this person to lift me up and I am very thankful because He obeyed God’s voice…


Now I can say that I stand firm and I won’t go back, thanks to God for the ministry that gave me so much. I want to serve it with my gifts and talents, giving my best where I can and with people I meet, because he doesn’t set conditions on anyone… He can use and transform any life, anytime, and when there is someone willing to rise up and carry His Word. I’m going to be that person. What about you?


Your change is today; your best decision is today. I look for God. He is the answer you need. He is the solution you’re looking for, the puzzle piece that completes you. Monteblanco is a way to be able to guide people in that search and that journey to make the best choice of their lives and follow Christ. … .
The above testimony was written by one of our Monteblanco volunteer camp counselors. Her life has been radically changed by the love of Christ–thanks to God and thanks to every LATCOM supporter who has made this camp possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment