Friday, November 30, 2012

Monteblanco: "Born in God's Heart"

We keep saying that Monteblanco is a special place. Since 2005, thousands of middle school and high school students have gone through our camp. Many return as volunteers while they are university students. Here is a volunteer staff member, in her own words:
Since I came to Monte Blanco, I have praised and given thanks to God for this place, which for me is an awesome ministry that has unique worth. As a staff member in Monte Blanco I learned to serve God with a sincere heart, because everything I do is unconditional – I do it without wanting anything in return, and I realized that I was serving God in a different way, something that came straight from my heart.

Monteblanco Campers


In Monte Blanco, I learned about getting along with all types of people, of different temperaments, characters, ways of thinking, and I learned to serve people – something that I used to have trouble with. I see this place as a service ministry where we reflect God’s love in everything we do. It’s a place where I can develop and grow as a person, discover my talents, and have the opportunity to use them. It’s a place where I can inspire others with low self-esteem to life their morale and to have fun in a healthy way – in the best way.

In every event that I can participate in as a staff member, although year-round they talk about a single theme, in every one of the ministries God is talking to me in a distinct way. I feel convicted when I see the campers making the decision to have new life, laying their hearts before God. It’s something indescribable, and it’s my favorite moment. As a person it helps me to grow spiritually and become stronger, because leaving the city and taking 5 hours of vacation to spend three or more days connected with God, it’s something that in my house is a little difficult to do due to lack of time.

Monteblanco Chapel

The two times I was a camper at Monte Blanco were times to work on my personality. I felt challenged in every activity there was. I felt compelled to conquer my fears, overcome every loss, to work as a team to share with new people and value them. These campers helped me to make radical decisions. God changed and molded areas of my life. Every message was part of God. They are moments I don’t forget.

In Monte Blanco I have some of the best experiences of my life, my reconciliation with God, reconciliation with other people, and friendship with the staff. The work the staff does is the best – we are a team working as brothers and sisters in friendship. I love this ministry so much, and the reason I value it deeply is because I am sure it was born in God’s heart, and this piece of paradise is one of the best places I have known.
Supporters like you make this ministry happen. Generations of Bolivians will be blessed. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment